SoulGames Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come to SoulGames Society to experience Anime, and Video games all in one place. Participate in Forum Games, or submit stories to be read. And best of all obsess with Anime and Video Games.

HomeSoul HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Our Noble Friends
Latest topics
» Interesting and Random Crap
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:01 pm by the jack of clubs

» Terrifying Nightmares
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:41 pm by Cardolan

» The Optimist Reviews
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 10:39 pm by Patzo3000

» My Drawings.
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:55 pm by calex

» Your Beliefs
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm by Cardolan

» Zoids: New Century Zero
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:43 am by DJA747

» The New EAK
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:31 am by BleachKing04

» King of the Skies
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:46 am by DJA747

» Shinigami (God of Death)
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 am by BleachKing04

Top posters
DJA747
Shinigami (God of Death) Vote_lcapShinigami (God of Death) Voting_barShinigami (God of Death) Vote_rcap 
BleachKing04
Shinigami (God of Death) Vote_lcapShinigami (God of Death) Voting_barShinigami (God of Death) Vote_rcap 
Crash
uZi5
SovietSoldier
Thrasher9294
the jack of clubs
ThElderGod
Shadow Of The East
Canterbury
The New EAK
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:50 pm by DJA747
We are currently putting on the finishing touches to it.
A link will be given when its done.
Stay Posted.

EDIT:
Enjoy Guys.
Here

Comments: 3
A Forum Guide
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:00 am by DJA747
Forum Codes[Use Without Spaces]
To post an image do this [img ]inserturlhere[ /img]
A url is this [url=insertlinkhere]insertnameofithere[/url]
To do a video [flash]inseertlinkhere[/flash]

Now for the fancy ones
to make a spoiler [spoiler ] insertexthere [ /spoiler]
To do text that scrolls [scroll ]inserttext [ /scroll]
Text going up and down [updown ] text here [ /updown]
And this odd one [wow ] insertext here [ /wow]
then to do superscript [sup ] inserttexthere [ /sup]
and subscript [sub ] insertext here [ /sub]

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Chat Box Controls
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:16 am by ThElderGod
The following command(s) are for regular members ONLY. These are for members who do NOT have an @ before their name in the chatbox.
Please note, these commands are only for the chatbox, only a fool would use them elsewhere.

/me Will say that you're performing X action.
Example: /me will eat french fries. *Conquer will eat french fries.

The following command(s) are for chatbox …

[ Full reading ]
Rules of the SoulGame Society
Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:59 am by ThElderGod
These are the rules for the Soul Game Society

No Spamming- Please do not spam the forums. Spamming consists of Triple Posting without obvious cause, repeatedly.

No Flamming or Trolling- Please do not attack other members by racial or religious slurs or provoke an argument. Also do not post on a thread only stating the negative unless it is spam. Contact your local Administrator or …

[ Full reading ]

Shinigami (God of Death)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

Shinigami (God of Death) Empty
PostSubject: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:22 am

Shinigami

This story is based off of the anime Bleach.

Overview
This story is about a young boy who grows up in a place called the Soul Society. The Soul Society is a place where after you die, you live here if you have been good all of your life. The large Society is modeled after the Edo Era of Japan. Bleaches story line is mostly about a race called Shinigami or literaly Gods of Death. Their job is to bring souls to the Soul Society after passing away. Another job is to protect the Soul Society and to dispatch evil lost souls called Hollows. They do this by destroying the evil with their swords called Zanpakuto, which are literaly part of their own soul but materialized. Other evil also lerks in the world which you will find out about in the following chapter of this story.

This is Shinigami...

Shinigami (God of Death) Rainichigo-vip-blog-com-720066Bleach(3)

Shinigami (God of Death) YoshiroMototori5thCaptain

^^^^
That is what my character looks like later in the story. (Yes I made that on Paint)
Chapter one will be here in a moment...
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:28 am

Shinigami

Chapter I: Intro to Yoshiro Mototori

"Yoshiro? Hello?" Oichi called to her son.
"Coming Mother." Yoshiro answered.
The soft tap of his socks came on the stairs down the hallway. From there came a young boy, about 14 years old with deep dark hair. He was wearing an old kimono and had his hair up in a sort of ponytail called a queue. Yoshiro bowed to his mother.
"Good morning Mother, what would you like?" Yoshiro asked happily.
"Good morning, Yoshiro. I would like you to bring a couple of packages to your father at the store in Rukongai district 3." Oichi said while still doing work.
"District 3, ok." Yoshiro said. He was happy to get out of their cramped house and out into the bright day.
Living in District 1 was a fairly safe life for the people. There was less of a crime rate there than in District 79 or 80... and it was less poverty ridden.
Yoshiro ran to the front of his small house and grabbed the packages which lay by the door. The sun was warm in the deep blue sky looking over the Soul Society. It was only 7:00 and yet the majority of the people were out enjoying the splendid day.
As Yoshiro walked through the busy streets, he looked over to a separate city of its own. The large city was separated from Rukongai and was the home to the Shinigami, or Death Gods. They were responsible for many things in the Soul Society. Protection and security, guiding souls through the Human World to the Soul Society, and cleansing the lost souls called Hollows.
The city, mostly called the Seireitei, held the wealthy elite and noble families. During an emergency, large walls which resist spirit energy, called reiatsu, will surround the city. Yoshiro looked over to that city and thought:
"If only I were to live there, then I bet my family wouldn't have to work so hard just to stay in the first district."

When Yoshiro arrived in District 3, he quickly went to his father's shop. Yoshiro's father, Musashi, looked much like Yoshiro except different colored eyes. Five kids about the same age as him walked out with their goods and ran down the street laughing and having fun. The first was a boy with red hair up in a queue, the next was a girl, who happened to be shorter than the other and seemed to lead the group. The others were boys that Yoshiro didn't get a good look at.
They didn't seem to have noticed Yoshiro before they left for a northern district. Therefore before Yoshiro could say anything to them, possibly making new friends, his shyness got the better of him. Yoshiro went into the store and lay the packages onto a nearby table.
"Good morning father." Yoshiro greeted.
"Oh, good morning son.. oh great, you brought the packages. Good, good, good... I forgot those this morning before I left. Are you going to stay here for a while?" Musashi asked.
"Yeah, I guess I could stay for a little." Yoshiro replied.

The Mototori Shop was a well known general store throughout all of Rukongai. It was mostly a food and goods shop, and it was friendly toward all customers. Even people from the toughest district of Rukongai, District 80, Zaraki, came to the store to purchase goods. Therefore, because of their generosity and kindness, the Mototori Family was well respected to the people of Rukongai.
It was tough to live in that place though, so physical strength was very important to the family for work and self defense. There were only a few occasions where someone had tried to steal from the store, and they were usually caught by Musashi, who would use his skills in martial arts to bring them to justice. In that case, Yoshiro was also trained in the martial arts and would be considered a black belt in the Human World.

The next day, Yoshiro woke up and ate breakfast quickly. He wanted the rest of the day to himself after helping out at the store. So after hastily eating, he ran out and grabbed the packages... which his father forgot again. Again as he walked, he gazed over blissfully to the Seireitei and wondered what it was like to be there.
This time as he approached the shop, an odd sensation came on to him.
"I... whoa... what the? I feel heavy.. It is like I can't breath." Yoshiro gasped and let the packages drop onto the ground. He blacked out and fell to the ground.

A man exited the store. He seemed (in appearance) to be about 35 years old. He had a long white hair and a black kimono. In a sash, called an obi, under which he wore a scabbard and katana. He was a Shinigami.
When he saw Yoshiro on the ground, he knew exactly what had happened. He ran over to the young boy and brought him into the store.
Everything started to go blurry, then finally, he could see clearly.
"Hey...Hey, are you ok?" Asked a unfamiliar but friendly voice.
"Son, say something!- Yoshiro!" He recognized it as his fathers voice.
Yoshiro mumbled:
"What was it... that feeling?"
The man looked at his father in a apologetic way and said:
"That was my reiatsu, I am sorry... I should have concealed it better. It isn't uncommon that children experience that. In fact, that happened to me when I first met a Shinigami as a boy." The Shinigami said.
"You are a Shinigami, sir.... huh... what is reiatsu?" Yoshiro said light-headedly.
"Oh, yes... my name is Jushiro Ukitake, I am the Captain of the 13th Division of Gotei 13(Court Guard Squads). And-- Reiatsu is spirit force... you had a bit of an overdose."
Oh..." Yoshiro fully woke up. "Wait... you're a CAPTAIN!?" Yoshiro asked excitedly.
Jushiro laughed and said:
"Yes, I am..." He pointed to the Kanji on the back of his outer coat, called a Haori. The Kanji was the number 13.
"Whoaaa... I can't believe this..." Yoshiro was amazed.
"My son has always wanted to be a Shinigami, Ukitake-Sama(Honorific giving a lot of respect to one person)." Musashi said to Jushiro.
"Well, it is possible for you to be one, that is, if you put your mind to it."
Musashi and Jushiro sat down at the table. They talked for a while like they were old friends who hadn't seen each other for years. Yoshiro sat patiently at the table with them and listened.
"Yoshiro, have you ever felt like that before?" Jushiro asked.
"No... I don't believe so... why?" Yoshiro asked, just a bit confused.
"Right when you blacked out, I senced a lot of pent up reiatsu that was hidden escape. Do you have any idea why?"
"Really? No... why?" Yoshiro asked interestedly.
"You released it, Yoshiro."
"Me... ME!?" Yoshiro said in surprise.
"That reiatsu is what kept you from fainting, much faster than others would have. This actually theoretically means you CAN become a Shinigami." Jushiro explained.
"REALLY!!!" Yoshiro said excitedly.
"Yoshiro, I would like to teach you how to control your reiatsu, if you're up to it. Then when your turn 15, you can enter the Shinigami Academy." Jushiro explained.
"You will actually teach me!?" Yoshiro asked overjoyed.
"Yes, but of course, it is up to your parents." Jushiro said.
"Well it is fine by me... we know how much this means to Yoshiro, so the answer is probably yes." Musashi answered.
"That's great, but just in case, I'll give you all the rest of the day to discuss this over with each other. I will be back here tomorrow for your answer." Jushiro said.

Last edited by BleachKing04 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:09 am

Chapter II: Jushiro's Training

After discussing the matter of training with both parents, Yoshiro got a affirmation from both. They seemed to be happy and proud for their son. It was not common for the people of Rukongai to become Shinigami. In fact, many people are scared of them and their powers.
That night, Yoshiro couldn't sleep. The excitement of that day and the anticipation of things to come, strayed within his mind.
"I will be... a... Shinigami!" Yoshiro thought over and over. "I can't believe it-- and being taught by a CAPTAIN!"
Soon enough, he did fall asleep.

....In a dream....

"Where am I?" Yoshiro asked himself.

Yoshiro found himself in a large cavern. It was snowing and very cold there. The solid rock walls surrounded him, and the only light came from the moonlit sky above. The crevices in the rock shimmered brilliantly with crystallized ice. And then another being came to life before Yoshiro's very eyes. quartz like crystals of ice shot up from the ground. Inside the ice, a single, greenish-blue eye blinked open. The ice cracked and split open into many shining fragments, and from it rose a great white wolf. It was animal, yet almost human-like. Its large paws made indentations in the snow as it moved closer to Yoshiro. Steam from its breath shone from its fanged jaws. And then, the wolf said only one word.

"Shiroikami."

The cavern, the wolf, and the moonlit sky vanished in an instant. Yoshiro sat up in bed abruptly, and looked to see where he was. He was in his room, as before the dream happened.
"I'm... here!?" he said to himself. "It seemed so real, the wolf! What was that dream... and who is Shiroikami?" Yoshiro, utterly confused, fell asleep.

The next day had finally arrived. Yoshiro got up out of his bed and over to his closet. He tried to find his best kimono to wear to his first reiatsu training with Captain Ukitake. After eating a hasty breakfast, Yoshiro left the house to get to the store. He ran all the way there in his excitement. When he arrived, Captain Ukitake was standing out front with Musashi.
He stopped in front of them and caught his breath.
"Ukitake-Taicho(Means captain in Japanese), I have approval of my mother as well. I can start the training!" Yoshiro said excitedly.
"Very good, then shall we get started?" Jushiro asked.
"Yes, Ukitake-Taicho." Yoshiro responded with a grin.
All of a sudden, Jushiro grabbed Yoshiro by the collar of his kimono and rapidly, the houses were passing by them at great speeds. Finally, they stopped moments later. The two of them were atop a grassy hill which overlooked the third District of Rukongai. It had to be a least a mile and a half from the store!
"How... the...? How did we get here so fast?" Yoshiro was amazed.
"What should have taken them a half-hour to walk to, only took a couple of seconds.
"That, was called Shunpo(flash steps). It is a high speed stepping movement that only high-level Shinigami are able to use." Explained Jushiro. "Ok, now lets get started on your training."
From a bag that he was carrying, Jushiro took out a large clear ball. He tossed it to Yoshiro.
"This is a cannon ball, I obtained it from Kukkaku Shiba. It is used to direct, materialize, and solidify reiatsu. You must find a way to do this, and in the end you will form a ball of reiatsu around you." Jushiro explained.
Jushiro walked away and sat next to his bag underneath a cherry tree. There he observed and analyzed Yoshiro's progression.
"Ok... think... think!" Yoshiro tried to think of how to do it. "Maybe if I concentrate on the ball, my reiatsu will go into it."
Yoshiro stared into the unchanging clear ball until his face turned red. Frustration began to appear every minute he tried to concentrate. Doubts that he would ever become a Shinigami seeped into his thoughts.
Just then, he made his mind go blank. He thought maybe meditating would help. All he saw in the darkness of his mind, was the cannon ball. It seemed it was growing, getting larger. It grew in his mind until nothing else was present. The red Shiba Clan symbol vanished, and from his state woke Yoshiro. He realized he was sitting on the ground with the cannon ball in his lap. He finally saw that he was within a large human-sized ball of solidified reiatsu.
From the tree came a quiet clapping. It was Jushiro.
"Nice work, Yoshiro. You can now focus your reiatsu, don't loose concentration or else the reiatsu around you will shatter and explode. Instead, simply lower your reiatsu level." Jushiro instructed.
Finally, he managed to achieve that goal as well. The reiatsu ball vanished, and so did the cannon ball as Jushiro stuffed it into his bag.
"I can do it... I can actually do it! Just because I am from Rukongai doesn't actually mean I can't be a Shinigami!" Yoshiro thought.
"Good job today. You passed the first test. Its getting late, we should get along. Tomorrow, we will continue, your reiatsu is getting low, you have to rest." Jushiro said.
"Yeah, I'm exhausted!" Yoshiro exclaimed.
"I'll see you tomorrow then, grab on, I'll bring you back to The Store." Jushiro said. He put out his hand towards Yoshiro.
Yoshiro reluctantly grabbed it as if it were a snake head. The same experience of wind rushing through his ears occurred, but only for a few seconds. Yoshiro had closed his eyes from the wind, when he opened them, he found himself in front of the Mototori Store. As expected, it was closed for the night, and when Yoshiro turned, he saw that Jushiro was gone.
"He must have had to rush back to the Seireitei." Yoshiro thought. "Better get home for dinner."
As he walked home, Yoshiro looked up to the sky. The sunset had just started. The shining red, orange, and yellow of the sky was beautiful over the hills of the Soul Society.
When he arrived home, he recalled everything he had learned or done in the training. Musashi and Oichi were amazed at how far Yoshiro had gotten. After supper, Yoshiro went straight to bed. He had used most of his reiatsu, because he felt exhausted. Before he fell asleep, Yoshiro thanked the heavens that his dream, even if slowly, was coming true.

........1 Week Later........

Yoshiro had progressed steadily through his training with Captain Ukitake. The week of training had been tiring, but Yoshiro was able to complete every task given to him. Now he was able to stabilize and use his reiatsu and also to read other peoples reiatsu levels as well. His quick progression was very much noticed by Jushiro, who praised him after every triumph. Right after though, he would give out an even tougher objective. That didn't stop Yoshiro.
Finally, one fateful day, Jushiro said something that would change Yoshiro's life forever.
"Yoshiro, you have vastly exceeded my expectations in our training. I have almost nothing left to teach you, but...." Jushiro paused.
Yoshiro stared at Jushiro questioningly.
"...But, I have asked Captain General Yamamoto if I may teach you some zanjutsu(swordsmanship). And the great Yamamoto-Taicho had agreed entirely. I think he sees much potential in you, Yoshiro." Jushiro stated.
"Yamamoto-Taicho... wait... REALLY!?" Yoshiro asked bewildered.
"Yes, I believe he wants to see you become a Shinigami." Jushiro replied.
Yoshiro could hardly believe what he was hearing. He was overjoyed.
"Thank you so much, Ukitake-Taicho!" Yoshiro said as he bowed so low his nose almost slammed into the dirt. Just then, it hit him. "Wait... how can I learn zanjutsu without a katana?"
"Yoshiro, think! You've heard of what us Shinigami use. We don't use ordinary katanas, we use zanpakuto(Soul Slayer)." Jushiro retorted.
"Zan.... oh, I totally forgot. Please forgive my stupidity." Yoshiro apologized.
Jushiro grew very serious at the moment, and said:
"Now listen carefully, Yoshiro... a zanpakuto is in essence, a Shinigami's soul. It means more to use than our very lives! But lastly.... you must learn to know each other, for a zanpakuto is a living being... communicate! Or else, you will never become a true Shinigami. A true Shinigami works together with their zanpakuto in battle. Remember these words well, Yoshiro." Jushiro said.
"Ye- yes sir." Yoshiro listened.
"Now stand up Yoshiro!" Jushiro commanded. "You will create your own destiny as a Shinigami in the palm of your hand... HERE AND NOW!"
"Yes!" Yoshiro started to tremble.
"Now do as I say... First, meditate and calm yourself." Jushiro commanded.
Yoshiro began to calm down. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply.
"Now, transfer all of your reiatsu into the palm of your hand. Imagine a sword. A sword which cuts through anything. A sword of justice, and protection. Now keep these images in your head... and materialize your reiatsu and solidify it in your hands." Jushiro instructed.
Yoshiro began to open his eyes. A blinding light appeared before him. Snow started to fall. He found himself in the trench again.... but this time, it wasn't his dream. Jushiro stood motionless next to him. He looked somewhat surprised. A frigid cold rolled in, and finally, just as in Yoshiro's dream, the crystals of ice shot out from the ground. And, the great white wolf appeared.
The white Wolf turned towards them, his large paws make indents in the snow as it walked over. Then it spoke.
"You.... are Yoshiro Mototori, now the wielder of me. You are pure of heart, and seem to posses the potential to master me... therefore, I grant you my power, Yoshiro. Will you work with me?" He asked.
"Y-y-y-yes sir." Yoshiro said amazed.
"Not sir... we are equals Yoshiro. As a gift to you.... I shall tell you my name. My name is Shiroikami(White Wolf)." The wolf said.
Just then, the cold abyss swirled and left. Yoshiro and Jushiro closed their eyes and moments later opened to see that they had reappeared back in the Soul Society. They were sitting back on the hill.
"My.... Zanpakuto. Shiroikami." Yoshiro said in shock.
Jushiro looked amazed from Yoshiro to his zanpakuto.
"Yoshiro, that was amazing! Your zanpakuto... has given you an extraordinary gift! He has told you his name. That has never before happened in all the history of the Soul Society!" Jushiro stated.
Yoshiro looked at his zanpakuto. He... for the first time, grabbed the hilt of the sword, then unsheathed. The long blade shimmered brilliantly in the sunlight. A hint of blue could be seen in the blades edge. The hilt, which was a black metal covered in a dark blue hilt-wrap complemented the blade. The guard was ornately crafted, like that of a raindrop. A golden chain was hooked to the pommel, it ringed slightly in a swift breeze.
"Thank you, Shiroikami." Whispered Yoshiro.

Last edited by BleachKing04 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Canterbury
Shinigami
Shinigami
Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Wait, is this site is named after the soul society?
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:36 am

Yeah, somewhat. I thought it was the perfect name for a site about anime and videogames. Cool
Back to top Go down
Crash
First Moderator
First Moderator
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 am

I want a zanpakuto
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:34 am

Crash wrote:
I want a zanpakuto

LOL... same here.

btw, you guys are gonna learn alot of japanese words from this story, since I would like to keep it authentic.
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:37 pm

Chapter III: Birthday Celebration/ The Shinigami Academy

"So this is a zanpakuto?" Yoshiro said in wonder as he looked at Shiroikami.
"Yes, listen Yoshiro, people will get concerned if you have it unsheathed in public. So sheath it and put it in your obi sash where it belongs." Ordered Jushiro.
"Yes Taicho." Yoshiro said.
Before they started to walk back to the house, Jushiro suddenly fell onto his hands and knees and started to cough violently.
"Taicho!... Ukitake-Sama... are you ok?" Yoshiro asked frantically.
"Y-yes, I'm... fine, Yoshiro." Jushiro responded.
In all of the days that they had spent together, Yoshiro had never once seen this happen to Jushiro.
"Taicho... are you ill?" Yoshiro asked afraid.
Jushiro was still coughing. He had his hand over his mouth. After a while, his coughing ceased. When Jushiro took his hand away from his mouth, blood was all over his palm.
"You really are sick!" said Yoshiro horrified.
"Don't be so worried, Yoshiro. I never told you, but I have grown up with my.... condition. I have been ill for as long as I can remember. I have Tuberculosis. I'm used to it though... don't worry about me." Jushiro reassured.
The one thing Yoshiro wasn't reassured of is the fact that Jushiro could get back to the Seireitei.
"Taicho, how about you stay at my house for a couple of days. It is much easier, and it'll give you some time to recuperate."
"N-no, I can...." Jushiro stuttered.
"I insist Taicho. My home in Rukongai may not be like that of yours in the Seireitei, but you are welcomed here. So please, as gratitude for what you have done for me and my family. Stay please, we would be honored." Yoshiro said.
Jushiro smiled and slightly nodded his head in affirmation. Yoshiro felt relieved, and happy of Jushiro's decision. Yoshiro helped to walk Jushiro to his home. As expected, Musashi and Oichi both insisted that Jushiro stay as long as he would like.
When supper came, Jushiro fit right in with the family. Everybody talked to each other and was happy. At the end of dinner, as Oichi was cleaning up, and Musashi and Jushiro were deep into a conversation concerning the history of Soul Society, Yoshiro looked over to his zanpakuto. The shiny new blue sheath and sword were lying by his side. He seemed to have been day dreaming a little, but finally snapped out of it once Musashi started to talk to him.
"Yoshiro? Yoshiro?"
"Uh...huh... oh, yes Father?" Yoshiro answered.
"Yoshiro, do you know what is happening next week?" Musashi asked.
"Well, most likely some more training, I don't know...why?" Yoshiro asked puzzled.
"Yoshiro, Yoshiro, Yoshiro...son, how can you forget you own birthday!?" Musashi asked in disbelief.
"Honey, you will be fifteen years old!" Oichi said from the kitchen area.
"Wow, I really will be,huh..." Yoshiro didn't quite know what to say.
"Son, you do know what that means, right? You're going to be able to become a Shinigami!" Musashi exclaimed.
"Yoshiro, I have put your name in for a position in the Shinigami Academy. And you being taught by me should also make the academy all the more easy for you. You will be experienced in reiatsu control and zanjutsu." Jushiro explained.
"The Shinigami Academy!" Yoshiro said excitedly.
"Yes the new students will have an opening orientation five days after your birthday, I believe." Jushiro said.
"Alright! So, from here on in, you and I will be training?" Yoshiro asked.
"Yes, zanjutsu training. Swordsmanship is the one skill which all Shinigami must be experienced at. You will be ahead of most students. And seeing as how you can control your reiatsu, you should do well in Kidou(Demon Magic) training as well." Jushiro explained.

When Yoshiro went up to bed, he took off his kimono and put on his night robes. Before he laid his zanpakuto on the floor, next to his bed, he halfway unsheathed it. In the moon light, the blade glimmered. After looking at it for a while, he sheathed it and went to sleep.
"Goodnight, Shiroikami." Yoshiro mumbled as he fell asleep.

As Yoshiro woke up, the bright sun shone through the curtains onto his face. He got up and put on his new kimono. After cinching his obi sash, he slipped his zanpakuto into it. He realized it was a medium weight with a perfect balance, perfect for him. He walked over to the shoji doors and slid them open. Sunlight poured in and flooded the room. Yoshiro squinted upon going outside.
The soft sounds of carts on the street and the murmur of people chatting filled the air.
"Wow, what a beautiful day! Perfect for training." Yoshiro said.
"Isn't it?" A voice said approaching him.
Yoshiro looked around to see Jushiro standing and looking up at the sky.
"Good morning Jushiro-Sama." Yoshiro greeted politely after a respectful bow.
"Good morning, we are to start training as soon as we finish breakfast." Jushiro said, still looking at the sky.
"Alright." Yoshiro listened.

After breakfast, Jushiro used shunpo to get to the Training Hill with Yoshiro. After the usual meditation, it was very quiet. Suddenly, Jushiro spoke and broke the silence.
"Alright, from here on in this training will be the toughest you will ever have." Jushiro paused. Yoshiro took a gulp from nervousness. Then Jushiro continued. "You will fend me off all day and night from my attacks. This will teach you endurance, and it will give you experience."
Fear started to engulf Yoshiro's mind.
"Learn how to attack, to defend, and to counter-attack! Make your own style! Draw your zanpakuto, Yoshiro." Jushiro ordered.
"Y-yes Taicho." Yoshiro answered nervously.
"The training will finish when you block 20 of my swings. When you do, you will be ready to be a Shinigami." Jushiro stated.
In Yoshiro's head, he repeated:
"This is my dream, this is my dream. I won't give up my ambitions. I will succeed!"
The look in his eyes changed. He got into a battle stance and put his hand onto the hilt of his zanpakuto.
"Let's go, Shiroikami!" Yoshiro said. "HAAAAA-"
"CRACK" A noise that sounded like thunder came from Yoshiro. He was emitting his reiatsu and preparing for his strike. His pent up reiatsu was building up quickly, but Yoshiro stopped it to a steady flow. The rocky ground beneath his feet began to break down. A ring-like fissure formed on the ground around him.
"So much reiatsu!... he will be a powerful Shinigami one day." Jushiro thought.
Just as Yoshiro unsheathed his zanpakuto, Jushiro disappeared. In a flash, Jushiro's first hit came. While still using shunpo, the blunt edge of the blade smashed into Yoshiro's chest. The force of the blow sent Yoshiro hurtling into a tree. A sharp pain came where Jushiro's hit went. He fell from the tree, the tried to pick himself off the ground. When he finally managed to pick himself up again, Jushiro would hit him again.
After hours of fighting, Yoshiro started to get better. He started to resist battle fatigue and exhaustion. He was even able to guard a couple of attacks. The sun was starting to set, and darkness was encroaching on Rukongai.
"Just because it is getting dark doesn't mean we are taking a break. Don't let your guard down. Many Shinigami must fight in the dark!" Jushiro said.
As it became pitch-dark, Yoshiro couldn't spot Jushiro except for a moments glimpse for his Captain's Haori. Time went by, and Yoshiro became accustomed to the dark. Therefore, his fight continued.

When it was sunrise, Yoshiro found himself half-asleep and exhausted. So far, he had only guarded five attacks from Jushiro. He had many cuts and bruises, but those didn't bother him much. Yoshiro right hand felt numb. He had been gripping his zanpakuto's hilt for over twenty-six hours.

From his side sprang Jushiro, his zanpakuto brandished and ready for a strike. Another powerful swing, but Yoshiro finally managed to block the blade. Jushiro side stepped and swung his zanpakuto again and Yoshiro managed to block again. After parrying the attack, Yoshiro swung to Jushiro's back and landed a hard and swift kick that sent him flying toward a tree.
Just as impact to the tree was possible, Jushiro turned his feet towards the trunk. With terrifying force and speed, Jushiro sprang off and sped toward Yoshiro in the air. The edge of his zanpakuto was pointed out toward him. Yoshiro dodged... barely... and stood, rooted to the ground surprised. A shooting pain seared through his right eye.
"AAAAAARRRR." Yoshiro yelped in pain.
When he put his hand to his eye, the feel of his blood was on his fingers. He used the reflection of the blade on his zanpakuto as a mirror. As he looked at his face he saw a long gash running on the right side of his face. The cut was from the forehead down to the bottom of his cheek.
The event seemed to trigger an unseen key in an unknown lock. The cage had opened, and the beast within let out. Yoshiro's reiatsu formed around his sword, and the blade edge was glowing blue. Ice particles were forming in the air around him.
"Hyouketsu (freeze), Shiroikami!" Yoshiro said more or less to himself.
Suddenly, Shiroikami began to change. Jushiro looked on in amazement. He couldn't help but smile.
"Amazing, simply amazing...." Jushiro said in awe of what was beholden.
Yoshiro's reiatsu became much more dense and controlled than before his zanpakuto changed totally. The hilt stayed the same. The sword guard had changed to what looks like that of a snowflake. The shape of the blade was of a scimitar. The blade grew from narrow to a long and open area with a jagged spike by the end and a hole in the center.
"What the hell happened?!" Yoshiro said surprised.
"You did it Yoshiro! You did it! I wasn't sure if you could accomplish it... but you succeeded!" Jushiro congratulated.
"D-did what?" Yoshiro asked puzzled.
"You have just now, released Shikai(Initial Release)!" Jushiro explained. "Shikai is the form of your sword, its REAL form. That is Shiroikami! Your zanpakuto is elemental, which means you will have special abilities, which only you and Shiroikami can use. You must become friends,... allies... with Shiroikami. He will help you, and the better your relationship is... the more powerful you will become. Shiroikami will teach you the abilities in due time. Now, aside from Captain Hitsugaya of 10th Division, you Yoshiro, are the youngest to reach Shikai."

Last edited by BleachKing04 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:37 pm

About an hour after Yoshiro finished training, he and Jushiro were sitting over at the tree on the hill. Yoshiro was silent as he stared at the landscape of Rukongai and beyond. He peered down at his released zanpakuto, which still lay in his hands.
"Ukitake-Taicho, how long will Shiroikami stay in this form?" Yoshiro asked.
"Only as long as the wielder wants it to, or, in battle, as long as you are conscious." Jushiro stated.
"Hmmm, shikai huh? Taicho... are there any other forms that a zanpakuto can achieve?" Yoshiro asked again interestedly.
Jushiro sat quietly and pondered how he should respond to Yoshiro's question.

"Well... yes, but it is the very last release. Only a few Shinigami have achieved it. You must know it to become a Captain of Gotei 13."
"Is there a name for it?" Asked Yoshiro, now looking at Jushiro for a response.
"Yes, it is called Bankai(Final Release). You and your zanpakuto must be at their max level and must understand one another completely." Jushiro explained.
"Hmmm, Bankai." Yoshiro thought to himself.

The two of them sat together for a while longer. The sun was starting to go down and Jushiro and Yoshiro both seemed to be tired. Jushiro stood up and said:
"Come on Yoshiro, we should probably head back home. After all, your training is complete."
"Yeah, it'll be nice to sleep in my bed." Yoshiro stated.
They clasped hands and used shunpo to bring them to the house. As they walked inside, Musashi and Oichi greeted them back.
Dinner was already prepared, so as soon as Jushiro and Yoshiro were settled, they ate. At the table, the conversation was as if nothing had ever happened. Musashi did ask about the training and was interested to learn of Yoshiro's achievements.
"You know son, your birthday is in three days... and two days after that is your orientation into the Shinigami Academy." Musashi reminded Yoshiro.
"Oh yeah, you're right! Ukitake-Taicho, are you going to stay until then?" Yoshiro asked.
"Actually, I have to leave the day after your birthday, I must talk to Yamamoto-sou-Taicho." Jushiro responded.
"Ok, so what will we do for the remainder of the time?" Yoshiro asked back.
"I was thinking that you would practice zanjutsu while your zanpakuto is in its shikai state." Jushiro said.
"That's all well and good, but don't do too much training on your birthday." Oichi said.
After dinner everyone talked for a while more, then went off in separate directions to go to their rooms and sleep.

As the days rolled on, Yoshiro, who had been training non-stop, had been able to block Jushiro's attacks. He had also grown more accustomed to using his zanpakuto in shikai form. Although he had not found any secret attacks, his skills in zanjutsu improved greatly.
The morning of Yoshiro's birthday, he woke up and felt like he was on top of the world. He was in a good mood that morning, and dressed quickly so he could enjoy the fresh air of the sunny morning outside.
"So peaceful!" Yoshiro exclaimed.
The sweet calls of birds could be heard in the distance, along with the hustle and bustle of Rukongai life. Yoshiro walked around the yard and to the kitchen inside the house. Where he entered, he greeted his mother a fine good morning. Yoshiro looked around the kitchen.
"Mother, where are Ukitake-Taicho and father?" Yoshiro asked.
"They went down to the store, but they asked for you to stay here." Oichi said as she sat down next to Yoshiro. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and a large smile. "Happy birthday Yoshiro."
Yoshiro said thank you and hugged her. There, they sat and talked until the sound of footsteps came to the front door.
"Hello? Who's there?" Oichi called.
"It's just us honey!" Musashi called from outside.
He and Jushiro walked in and they all said their good mornings. They all sat and had a breakfast of rice, and a small seafood soup. Afterwards they went about their usual business and routine. When Jushiro asked Yoshiro if he wanted to go to the hill to train for a little, Yoshiro responded with a yes. They left for a couple of hours but then returned to the house before night came.
When they got back, everyone had dinner and afterwards a special desert of cake for Yoshiro's birthday. Gifts were given after.
First, Oichi and Musashi handed their gifts to him. He got new clothes and also a white sash to tie his hair in the queue he had. Next Jushiro handed him a gift. When he opened it he found some small empty scrolls and quills.
"That is all very necessary for the Shinigami Academy." Jushiro said.
"Thanks you all very much." Yoshiro said.
Suddenly, Jushiro pulled out another box. Yoshiro was puzzled but opened it anyway. In it sat a silken black kimono and white obi sash. A white under-kimono, then a black hakama (loose pants) were underneath, plus a pair of light tabi sandals.
"This is..." Yoshiro looked on in excitement.
"That is the Shinigami Gotei 13 uniform, the Shihakushou(Garment of the dead). Since you have trained under me Yoshiro, Yamamoto-Sou-Taicho has requested you as a full fledged Gotei 13 member. Although you will have to go through training at the Academy with beginners, you will be much farther ahead of them and will wear actual Shinigami attire. Yamamoto-Sou-Taicho had told me that you are on my Division 13 and that you, unlike other Academy students, can carry your zanpakuto in any place unless it is a restricted area. Congratulations, Yoshiro... and happy birthday!" Jushiro said cheerfully.
Yoshiro was speechless. He grinned wide and hugged Jushiro. After, he stepped away and bowed respectfully.
"Thank you so much, Ukitake-Taicho."

The next day, Yoshiro woke up and remembered that Jushiro had to leave that day to the Seireitei. He slipped out of bed and put on his new uniform. It actually felt nice and light weight. He slipped his zanpakuto into his obi, then left toward the kitchen.
When he entered, Oichi, Musashi, and Jushiro were talking and getting breakfast ready.
"Good morning." Yoshiro greeted.
He received the same. Yoshiro turned his head to the front entrance. Sitting by the shoji, was a bag of Jushiro's belongings.
"Well, well, well... you look pretty good in that Shihakushou!" Jushiro said playfully.
"Thanks, it fits great. Give my regards to Yamamoto-Sou-Taicho for me." Yoshiro asked of Jushiro.
"Yeah, well, I should probably get going. Unfortunately." Jushiro said.
"I guess, but remember... you are always welcomed here!" Oichi said.
"Yeah, come back and visit us sometime." Musashi said as they bowed and shook hands.
"Defiantly." Jushiro responded back with a smile.
"I'll walk you to the end of Rukongai." Yoshiro said.
"Alright, thank you."
After their good-bye's, Yoshiro and Jushiro left toward the Seireitei. When they arrived near the gate, Jushiro stopped.
"Alright, I'll go in from here, thank you Yoshiro."
"No... thank you for everything you have done for me, and my family." Yoshiro said.
There was a moment of silence, then Jushiro said.
"It was one of the best things I have ever done in my life Yoshiro." He paused grinning then looked toward the city beyond. "Best I be off, I'll see you later Yoshiro." Jushiro said.
"Yeah, tomorrow, at the orientation." Yoshiro said.
Jushiro and Yoshiro parted ways from there. Yoshiro looked back at the Seireitei and said:
"Tomorrow, I will be.... a Shinigami."

Last edited by BleachKing04 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadow Of The East
Shadow Of The East

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:50 pm

Nice work Bleach.Not a fan of the show itself, but the style of writing is good.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher9294
Thrasher9294

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 am

Good job, man.

At least I know what a "Shinigami" is now.
Shinigami (God of Death) 189431
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:27 am

Chapter IV: A Person I've Met Before/ Shinigami Training.

When the day first started, it was already hectic. Yoshiro woke up early and got dressed into his Shihakushou. He ran out the door after eating a hasty breakfast and a tear felt goodbye to his parents. He even almost forgot to grab his zanpakuto on the way out the door. He ran from his house all the way to the end of his district. He finally reached the gate to the Seireitei. He had heard rumors in Rukongai that once you past the entrance, if you were considered an intruder, a huge wall would appear and surround the Seireitei.
He worked up his courage and reluctantly put his foot past the threshold of the entrance. Nothing happened! He started to walk and then felt more calm. An archway loomed up ahead, and the large city took shape. He was soon surrounded by off white buildings with orange plated roofs in the fashion of noble homes. He had now entered his new home, the Seireitei. As he walked through the city, many Shinigami were walking around. Yoshiro noticed that their reiatsu levels were so much more different than Jushiro's. Theirs seemed almost nothing compared to his.
"So that is the difference between a Captain and his inferiors." Yoshiro thought with wonder.
The orientation would be in a couple of hours, so Yoshiro decided to try and find the 13th Division barracks.
"I wonder if Ukitake-Taicho is in his office?" Yoshiro asked himself.
After unsuccessfully trying to find the 13th Division himself in the maze of buildings and walls, he decided to ask another Shinigami. Remembering that Jushiro once told him that all Lieutenants wore white arm bands, he had to find one of them. Yoshiro started to wander aimlessly through the city to find one.
At the end of a street, he found a group of Shinigami. At the front, talking to them, was a Shinigami with a white arm band. Yoshiro approached, and the others heard him.
"Um... I'm sorry, I'm looking for 13th Division barracks..." Yoshiro said awkwardly.
The other Shinigami left on order from the Lieutenant.
"What's your name?" The Lieutenant asked approaching Yoshiro. He felt his monstrous reiatsu as soon as he got near.
"Err... my name is Yoshiro Mototori, sir. I am Ukitake-Taicho's student." Yoshiro answered and bowed low.
"So you're the Mototori that all of Gotei 13 has heard of. We are proud to have you with us." Said the Lieutenant.
"Thank you, so you are from 13th Division, sir?" Yoshiro asked.
"Yes, the name is Kaien Shiba. I'm the Lieutenant of 13th Division." Said Kaien.
"Nice to meet you Shiba Fuku-Taicho(vice captain/ Lieutenant). Err... could you show me how to get to 13th Division? I must speak with Ukitake-Taicho." Yoshiro asked of Kaien.
"Sure, why not. Actually, I think he is expecting you." Kaien said.
Kaien led Yoshiro through a labyrinth of streets further into the Seireitei. As they walked, they took the time to get to know one another. Finally they came to a large torii gate with the Kanji(Japanese Characters) "13" on a sign on the front.

Shinigami (God of Death) 13_(kanji)

"Home sweet home. This is our H.Q. and your new home." Kaien said.
Shinigami who were in the front ran to meet them. They seemed to know about Yoshiro, so he thought that Jushiro must have told them. Kaien led Yoshiro into the H.Q. and through some halls. Soon enough, Yoshiro and Kaien got up to a pair of large shoji doors. Kaien knocked on one of them.
"Sir.... Ukitake-Taicho, it's Lieutenant Kaien Shiba, Yoshiro Mototori is here to see you." Kaien called.
"Enter." Jushiro's voice said behind the doors.
As they entered the room, Yoshiro looked around. There were large bookshelves around the room and a large mahogany desk in the far side. Another pair of shoji’s led outside to a koi pond and a Zen garden.
"Welcome to my house, Yoshiro." Jushiro said cheerfully.
"Thank you very much, Ukitake-Taicho."
"Sit, sit." Jushiro pointed his hand to some chairs and a large table. Kaien was asked to stay, so he sat as well. "Yoshiro, did you have any trouble finding 13th Division?"
"No sir... I managed to find Kaien-sama." Yoshiro said.
"Good, well, orientation starts in about an hour. All of the teachers know of your circumstances and will acknowledge you as a student, and a member of Gotei 13." Jushiro said.
"Oh, thanks you sir." Yoshiro said.
"And some more good news for you, is that once you graduate the Academy, I am Yamamoto-Sou-Taicho, and Kaien have all agreed to put you in as a seated officer in 13th Division. You will be the 4th Seat." Jushiro stated.
Yoshiro was awestruck and didn't know what to say. He sat on the chair and stared at Jushiro with disbelief written all over his face.
"I thank you humbly sir, Ukitake-Taicho, and Shiba Fuku-Taicho." Yoshiro said.
"Oh, and you can call me Kaien-Dono (honorific in a friendlier term)." Said Kaien.
"Yes si-- Kaien-dono." Yoshiro said.
"Oh, and Yoshiro," started Jushiro. "you will only have to take one year of the Academy instead of seven. After I have already taught you most of the requirements of the Academy, you only need to learn, Kidou, hakudo (hand to hand combat), and Shinigami Training."
"Alright, sir. Say... Ukitake-Taicho, I have a question." Yoshiro said.
"Ask away." Jushiro responded.
"When I graduate next year, will you teach me to use Shunpo sometime?" Yoshiro asked.
"Well... I guess I wouldn't make a very good sensei if I didn't. We have a deal then Yoshiro." Jushiro said. He gave a wide grin.
"Jeez, Yoshiro-kun. You might end up taking my rank at the rate your heading." Kaien joked.

After 45 minutes went by, Yoshiro was introduced to the 13th Division by Jushiro and Kaien. The entire Division was very kind to him and recognized him as a full fledged member of their division, and as a higher rank, even though he was but a rookie.
"Alright Yoshiro. You should probably get to Orientation." Kaien said.
"Oh yeah, I should leave. Is Ukitake-Taicho going to be escorting me?" Yoshiro asked.
"Yes, he should be out of his office in a couple of minutes." Kaien said.
Jushiro soon came out of his room and met with Yoshiro in the hall.
"Alright, we should get going Yoshiro." Jushiro said.

When they arrived in a large open courtyard, there were large groups of Academy beginners. They all seemed to be around the same age as Yoshiro. At the other end of the courtyard was large building with a sign and kanji that read "1". A pair of large doors were under the sign.

Shinigami (God of Death) 12_kanji_ichi_uno

As they approached, many of the students looked at them. Most looked excitedly mostly towards Jushiro, who was of course revered as a Captain.
"Yoshiro, you must stay with the students/ I am going to be with Yamamoto-Sou-Taicho when he comes out... so hold tight." Jushiro said.
Yoshiro acknowledges and pushes through the group of students. All of the ones in his way moved immediately after seeing his Shihakushou and zanpakuto. After a while, the doors finally open. As if on cue, the group of students split into two large groups leaving a path through the middle of them. From the doors came an old man who wore the Shihakushou and a long wooden haori over the top. He held a long wooden walking stick. As soon as he had come out, Yoshiro could feel his immense reiatsu.
"This man, has got to be Yamamoto-Sou-Taicho." Yoshiro thought excitingly.
At Yamamoto's side stood Jushiro. They walked out to the crowd and stopped in front of the group. Then, Yamamoto spoke.
"I am Captain of the 1st Division, and General over all others... Shigekuni Yamamoto Genryusai." His loud booming voice seemed to cover the entire courtyard. He continued: "I am here to introduce all of you young people into the Shinigami Academy." Yamamoto said as he stroked his long white beard.
Yamamoto gave a long speech on "What a Shinigami is" or "What do Shinigami do" and told the strict rules to abide by in the Seireitei. When his speech seemed to be done, he scanned the crowd and then walked down the path in-between the students. He seemed to be analyzing each of them. As he neared Yoshiro, Yoshiro started to feel very nervous.
"Ah, so you must be Jushiro's apprentice." Said Yamamoto.
"O-oh, yes... I am sir." Yoshiro stammered.
"Your name is Yoshiro Mototori. Is it not?" Yamamoto asked.
"Yes sir... Yamamoto-Sou-Taicho." Yoshiro responded.
"Hmmmm." Yamamoto gazed at Yoshiro and seemed to delve into his very soul. "You have very much potential. Especially since you have trained in zanjutsu under Ukitake-Taicho, and you are the youngest to ever achieve Shikai. Very good. I am happy to have you in Gotei 13." Yamamoto said kindly.
"Thank you very much sir If it wasn't for your generosity, I wouldn't ever be a Shinigami." Yoshiro said as he bowed very low.
Yamamoto left and went back to the front of the group. Then he spoke again, he bellowing voice echoing through the courtyard.
"As some of you know, there will be a student among you who is also a part of Gotei 13. This is not special treatment, but because he has some past experience with the Shinigami." Yamamoto paused. By now, every student in the courtyard was staring at him. It made Yoshiro feel very uncomfortable.
Yamamoto continued:
"All of that aside, the last thing that I would like to do is assign the 3 man squads with whom you will train with."
Yamamoto went down a long line of people from a list. Finally, he got to Yoshiro's group.
"The 8th Squad, which are... Hashiba Mabashi, Mototori Yoshiro, and lastly Kuchiki Rukia." From then on, Yamamoto finished the list and allowed the groups to meet.
Yoshiro left the crowd and sat over by a tree, then waited for his group to show.
"Hmm, Mabashi Hashiba and Rukia Kuchiki. I know that the Kuchiki clan is noble, I wonder if she minds being with someone from Rukongai." Yoshiro thought.
From out of the mob, came a short girl. She had short dark black hair and looked friendly enough. She looked around and spotted Yoshiro by the tree. As she walked toward him, her Academy uniform (white kimono and red hakama) rustled in a slight wind.
"Um... hello, you must be Yoshiro Mototori." she said.
"Yes, that me... are you miss Rukia Kuchiki?" Yoshiro asked politely, getting up to greet her.
"Yes, it take it your from Rukongai?" Rukia asked with a smile.
"Yeah, how did you know?" Yoshiro asked.
"Well, before I was adopted by Byakuya Kuchiki-Sama I lived in Rukongai." Rukia explained.
They both sat down in the shade of the tree and talked.
"Actually, I think I saw you in Rukongai District 3. At the Mototori Store." Yoshiro said.
"Yeah, your father owns the shop I guess. It is the best and fairest shop in all of Rukongai." Rukia complimented. "So you are a legitimate Shinigami and in the Gotei 13? So you're just finishing up what you didn't train on with your Captain?" Rukia asked.
"Yes, that's about it. All I have mastered is hakudo, zanjutsu, and reiatsu control. I still must learn the Shinigami's duties, advanced techniques, and Kidou. You see, my dream is to become a Captain." Yoshiro said.
"I understand, congratulations... what Division are you in?" she asked interestedly.
"My sensei's Division... the 13th." Yoshiro said.
"Hmmm, maybe when I graduate, I'll be in 13th Division as well." Rukia said.
A while later, the last group member showed up.
"Hey are you guys Yoshiro Mototori and Rukia Kuchiki?" He asked.
"Yeah, welcome aboard." Yoshiro joked.
"Sorry, I tried to find the group in the crowd." Mabashi said.
Soon they all got to know each other a little bit. As they talked, discussed, and joked under the tree, Jushiro finally showed up.
"Yoshiro, is this your group?" He asked.
"Yes, Ukitake-Taicho. This is Rukia Kuchiki and Mabashi Hashiba." Yoshiro introduced.
"Very nice to meet you." Jushiro said.
"Very nice to meet you too, sir." The two said in awe of Jushiro's very presence.
"Now Yoshiro, I've been asked by Yamamoto-Sou-Taicho to tell this to your group. Since Yoshiro is a Gotei 13 member and a Shinigami, his squad members will not have to take a dorm at the Academy. Since Yoshiro will be staying at the 13th Division barracks, so will his squad." Jushiro explained.
Rukia and Mabashi both looked shocked and ecstatic.
"Thank you very much, Ukitake-Taicho." They said.

Last edited by BleachKing04 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 am

(continuing)

Later after talking with Yoshiro's new partners, Jushiro gave Yoshiro a map of the Seireitei. He soon took his leave back to the HQ. Under the shade of the tree, Yoshiro, Rukia, and Mabashi hung out since they were free until the next day. When it started to get dark, Yoshiro memorized where the HQ was using the map. When he put it away and looked back into the courtyard he saw a lone Academy student walking toward them.
"Heeey, Rukia!" He called out.
"Rukia, who's he? Do you know him?" Yoshiro asked.
"Yeah, he's one of my friends from Rukongai, his names Renji Abarai." Rukia said waving Renji over.
Renji came over. He was wearing the school uniform, a white kimono and blue hakama. He had red hair in a queue like Yoshiro's.
Rukia got up and went to talk to Renji. As Yoshiro watched, he came to a realization. He remembered a year ago when he was walking to his store.
"I knew I saw them before." Yoshiro smiled and thought to himself. "Hey, I'm Yoshiro Mototori." He greeted when Renji came over to meet them.
"Names Renji Abarai." He said back.
Mabashi also introduced himself and the 4 of them talked for a while. Since it was getting late, Yoshiro decided to leave. Yoshiro's squad said good-bye to Renji and soon got up and left for the HQ. Following the directions he remembered, Yoshiro, Rukia, and Mabashi managed to find the HQ easily.
As they entered, many Shinigami were lounging around. When the group came in, they were greeted in open arms. Yoshiro introduced Rukia and Mabashi to most of 13th Division when Kaien came in.
"Oh, hello Yoshiro, I heard you made it back safely. And right before Academy curfew." Kaien said.
Only seconds after Kaien’s remark, a toll of a bell rang out through the Seireitei. Yoshiro looked at his squad mates and involuntarily yawned. He rubbed his eyes and then looked to the stairs.
"I think I am going to bed... G'night." Yoshiro had barely enough time to say "sir" before Kaien left to go into his own room for the night. Yoshiro led Rukia and Mabashi to their own rooms and then they said their good nights.

Only one week had gone by since the orientation. He had been excelling in all of his classes. Kidou, Shinigami duties, combat training, hakudo, and the history of the Soul Society. In all of those classes, he had made many friends, and he also grew very close to Rukia and Mabashi. Along with his squad, he considered Renji and Kaien best friends. On off days, he would do his duties as a Shinigami which would consist of guarding, patrolling, and training. He also sent letters to his mother and father almost every week. Then whenever he could, he would train with Jushiro and practice with his zanpakuto's shikai. Along with the academy students, he had grown many friendships with his fellow Shinigami. He had been assigned by Jushiro, as a Shinigami under Kaien as the vice-leader of the squad. That meant if Kaien couldn't give orders to his personal squad... Yoshiro would.
Being a Shinigami, Yoshiro met many Captain or Lieutenant class Shinigami who talked with him or his Captain. So far, Yoshiro met Shunsui Kyouraku, Captain of 8th Division; Toshiro Hitsugaya, Captains of 10th Division; and Rangiku Matsumoto, Lieutenant of 10th Division. Then while helping a fellow student when they got hurt during Kidou training, Yoshiro met Retsu Unohana, Captain of 4th Division (also known as the "supply and aid" division). and her Lieutenant, Isane Kotetsu.
Yoshiro's favorite class was history of Shinigami's, but he enjoyed Kidou class as well. He already mastered 2 incantations. On his 3rd Kidou class, he finally managed to perfectly hit the target.
"Hado no Sanjuu Ichi, Shakkahou!" Yoshiro yelled out the incantation for Way of Destruction spell, # 31, Shot of Red Fire.
The ball of red colored reiatsu shot out from his palm and destroyed a target and created a small crater on the blast wall behind. Afterwards, he completed yet another spell.
"Hado no yon, Byakurai!(Way of Destruction, spell #4, White Lightning)" From Yoshiro's forefinger, a blast of lightning shot out and pierced a hole in another target.

Rukia had also excelled in her Kidou training as well. She had completed the ones he did too. Mabashi on the other hand wasn't doing as well.
"Oh jeez... you know what, I think I am much more suited for hakudo or maybe just zanjutsu." Mabashi groaned.
"You'll get it, don't worry." Yoshiro said patting his on the back.
"Hey Yoshiro, have you met my squad yet?" Renji asked.
"No, I don't think so... are they coming.?" Yoshiro asked.
"Yeah, they should be." Renji relied looking through the crowd of students. Soon they left the class when it was finished and went to they now usual hangout under the tree in the courtyard. After five minutes, the other squad showed up. One of them was a girl about as short as Rukia. She had her dark brown hair in a bun. The other was a tall guy, about as tall as Renji and Yoshiro. He had short blonde hair with a long bang in the front.
"Yoshiro, Rukia, Mabashi... this is my squad. This is Momo Hinamori, and this is Izuru Kira." Renji introduced them.
They all exchanged greetings and sat under the tree again.
"So you're actually a Shinigami?" Momo asked.
"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Yoshiro said humbly.
"Yeah, and he even has a zanpakuto!" Mabashi said pointing it.
"And I heard that you train with Ukitake-Taicho and are the youngest to ever reach shikai." Said Izuru. "Is it true?"
"Yeah, I train under my Captain... and yes, I have achieved Shikai." Yoshiro admitted.
"Could you show us?" Asked Momo.
"Well... I guess it's alright. This isn't a restricted zone for me, so yeah, I'll show." Yoshiro said as he got up from the tree and walked out into the courtyard.
Even Yoshiro's own squad had never seen his zanpakuto out of his sheath. As he drew his zanpakuto, his viewers looked on silently at the glimmer of the blade in the sunlight. The shine of freezing blue shimmered in the blade edge. The golden chain at the end of the hilt clanged softly in a slight breeze. Yoshiro began to prepare for releasing his shikai.
"You guys should back away a little, I am going to be releasing a lot of concentrated reiatsu, and when it does release the air around me will freeze." Yoshiro explained.
Once they did so, Yoshiro got into position. He started to release his reiatsu. He tried to make it so that his friends wouldn't feel any of it, but they did none the less.
"This reiatsu... is so heavy." Mabashi said leaning away a little bit.
"HAAAAAAAAA..." Yoshiro's reiatsu rose a little higher, the air around him began to freeze over. Ice particles started to form. The others stared on in amazement at what they were seeing.
"Hyouketsu, Shiroikami!" Yoshiro yelled.
A burst of ice formed around his zanpakuto and in the air. Slowly, it started to chip away, and finally it revealed the released zanpakuto. The long scimitar blade froze the air around it whenever it moved.
"Wow, Yoshiro... that was amazing!" Rukia said staring at the elegant sword.
"Thanks." Yoshiro replied in the same awed manner.

Last edited by BleachKing04 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:10 am

Chapter V: The Normal Days

As far as classes go, Yoshiro and his squad were doing well. Mabashi had improved in Kidou class, but was still a bit behind. Yoshiro and Rukia had mastered Shakkahou and Byakurai and just now had started a new spell. In the field behind 13th Division HQ, they all practiced Kidou and zanjutsu.
"Hado no sanjuu san, Sokatsui!(Way of Destruction # 33, Blue Fire, Crash Down). Rukia yelled.
A wave of blue energy bust from her palm out into a target they had set up on a dirt hill.
"Nice job Rukia." Yoshiro said. "Mabashi, it's your turn. Are you going to work on Shakkahou?"
"Alright." Mabashi groaned as he gloomily got into position. He extended his palm toward the Kidou hill. "Hado no sanjuu ichi, Shakkahou!" The shot of red energy blasted into the hill.
"See, I told you.... you got it, well done Mabashi." Yoshiro said clapping him on the shoulder.

After practice, the group of them went into the HQ. It started to rain outside. They sat at a table in the mesh hall and drank mugs of hot cocoa. Yoshiro blew on the hot drink and then glanced out the window at the falling rain.
"Hey, Yoshiro?" Rukia called out to him.
"Hmmm..." Yoshiro mumbled back.
"Are you going to visit your parents sometime?" She asked.
"Yeah, probably. Once I have some free time. Why?" Yoshiro asked still looking out the window.
"I'd like to meet them... and also.... I would like to visit a place in Northern Rukongai." Rukia said looking at her reflection in the light brown cocoa the swirled with her spoon.
"Yeah... sure, I'll bring you." Yoshiro answered finally looking at Rukia's forlorn face.

As months passed, Yoshiro got used to his routine. Classes were going by very fast. Yoshiro had finally mastered most of the destructive Kidou that classes taught, and now he was starting to learn binding Kidou. On the first class of binding Kidou, there was a certain way of performing the practice. There had to be a target... and a caster. Their first practice, Yoshiro and Renji were picked as partners.
"You ready Renji?" Yoshiro asked.
"Yeah, fire away." Renji said as he smirked and braced himself.
"Alright.... Bakudo no ichi, Sai!( Way of Binding, number one, restrain) Yoshiro said as he swiped his hand at Renji.
Suddenly, Renji fell to the ground onto his knees with his hands behind his back. The spell had worked.
"ARRRGH!" Renji tried to break the Kidou by straining his muscles and limbs to break free of the spell.
"Jeez Renji... it looks like you're all tied up." Yoshiro started to snicker.
"Yeah, yeah... very funny." Renji said still smirking. By this time most of the class was laughing. "I can't break free... I yield."
"Alright... release!" Yoshiro commanded. The spell broke and Renji was able to move again.
Renji got up onto his feet and they switched spots.
"Give it your best Renji." Yoshiro said with a nervous grin.
"You asked for it." Renji responded. He got into position and was about to cast the spell when Rukia came from the crowd of students and smiled.
"Don't worry Yoshiro... Renji isn't exactly 'gifted' in Kidou." Rukia said jokingly.
Yoshiro laughs as do many other students in the room. Renji gives her a look.
"RUKIA... let me concentrate!" Renji said forcefully. "Alright, Bakudo no ichi, SAI!" Renji yelled as he went through the same moves as Yoshiro.
The spell latched onto Yoshiro, who fell over onto the ground and struggled to break the Kidou. The spell gradually started to weaken and soon, Yoshiro broke through the spell and stood back up breathing hard from the strain.
"Sorry Renji, I broke it... it was pretty strong at first. Maybe Kidou just isn't for you." Yoshiro said.
"I figured that out a long time ago." Renji said with a smile.
"And you're really good at hakuda and zanjutsu. In zanjutsu class... I can hardly keep up with you." Yoshiro complimented.
"Yeah well... I know your holding back... you don't even release your zanpakuto." Renji said.
"Sooner or later, you and Rukia will achieve Shikai, so until then, just do your best." Yoshiro said
"Thanks." Renji said.

It was nearly half of his year at the Shinigami Academy. Yoshiro was at the top of his class in Kidou, hakuda, zanjutsu, and History of the Soul Society. In Shinigami's duties class, Yoshiro learned exactly what the title suggested... Shinigami Duties. When a Shinigami finds a lost soul, or a Hollow, the first and foremost duty is to defeat it. The zanpakuto won't kill the Hollow, rather "cleanse" it. Another of Shinigami's duties are sending spirits to the Soul Society. The Konsoh (Soul Burial) will send the spirit of the dearly departed to the Soul Society. Konsoh is done by touching the pommel of the zanpakuto to the spirits forehead.
The other duties of a Shinigami consist of: Training, guarding the Seireitei and Rukongai Districts, patrolling the streets, patrolling the World of the Living, and if the order comes from Central 46... then to go to war.

Life outside of the Academy seemed to be just the same. Yoshiro performed the duties of a Shinigami for the 13th Division everyday. Since Yoshiro knew the Seireitei like the back of his hand, he was ordered many times to patrol the city. Out of the Academy, Yoshiro would train with both his squad, and Renji's/ He and Renji would spar together using zanjutsu. Even though Yoshiro wouldn't use his shikai against Renji, he would still put a lot of reiatsu into his sword blows. Momo and Rukia would usually study or practice Kidou. Mabashi and Izuru would usually do anything.

Only about 3 months before the end of the year, Yoshiro's last class to pass before Graduation commenced. Hollow Training. One of the most advanced courses, but very necessary toward becoming a Shinigami. The course would have the squads travel to the World of the Living and cleanse fake Hollows while inside of a barrier... usually made by advanced 7th Year students. It was a sophisticated Kidou that they had learned, and it was to keep the real Hollows out.
When the day had finally arrived, Yoshiro and his group were excited to start. After dressing into his Shihakushou, he met up with his squad in the 13th Division lobby.
"Ready?" Yoshiro asked.
"All set." Mabashi said as he strapped on his new zanpakuto to his back.
"Same here Yoshiro." Rukia said.
"Alright, we should leave now." Yoshiro said. They headed toward the door to the outside. When they exited the HQ, the chill in the air stung their cheeks. The cold felt ominous to Yoshiro. Unconsciously, Yoshiro tightened his zanpakuto in his obi. As they started to walk toward the meeting spot for the Hollow Training, a voice called out for Yoshiro. He turned around and was surprised to find Jushiro walking toward them.
"Good Morning, Ukitake-Taicho." Yoshiro said and the others followed suit.
"Good Morning Yoshiro, Rukia, Mabashi. Yoshiro... may I speak to you in private for a moment?" Jushiro asked.
"Of course sir." Yoshiro said.
Jushiro and Yoshiro walked far enough away so that the others couldn't here them.
"Listen, Yoshiro... good luck with your Hollow Training. Listen to the 7th Year students who will be commanding the freshmen. You may be more skilled then they are, but they have much more experience in slaying Hollows than you. I have been told Shuhei Hisagi is leader, so listen to him. And also.... if necessary. protect your group, if anything were to happen. Alright?" Jushiro said.
"Yes sir, I'll do my best." Yoshiro responded. "I mean, it's not like we are fighting actual Hollows!"

Last edited by BleachKing04 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 am

Chapter VI: My First Hollow

After speaking with his Captains, Yoshiro had and odd feeling in the pit of his stomach. As he, Rukia, and Mabashi walking closer to the meeting place, the feeling only got worse. It was as though someone had kicked him in the gut.
"Are you ok Yoshiro... you look kind of pale?" Rukia asked.
"Yeah... I'm ok." Yoshiro insisted.

When they approached a small courtyard, a mob of students stood by waiting. They met up with Renji's group and talking until a voice ruse above the mumbling crowd.
"Alright, freshmen, get into order." said the voice.
The voice belonged to none other than Shuhei Hisagi, a 7th year student who had black hair, a spiked choker, and the number 69 on his right cheek. He was famous in the Shinigami Academy for his reputation and his infamous skills.
"Hey, you must be Yoshiro Mototori." Shuhei said as he approached him.
"Oh hello sir, yes, I am Yoshiro. How could you tell?" Yoshiro asked.
"Well, you are the only one here wearing a Shihakushou and you have a high reiatsu." Shuhei complimented.
"Thank you sir." Yoshiro said as he bowed.
"You don't have to call me sir... you can call me Shuhei, we are pretty much equals anyway." Shuhei replied.
Yoshiro introduced his own squad and then Renji's. They all talked for a little before Shuhei cut them off to order the freshmen students.
"Alright, let's get this lesson over with for today. Remember everyone, this is just practice, they aren't real Hollows, but by chance, If anything were to happen, you all must obey my commands." Shuhei said.
Suddenly, a large pair of shoji doors appeared in the end of the courtyard behind Shuhei. This was a Senkaimon(outer world gate) to the World of the Living.
"We are traveling to the Mortal World, so everyone goes through this Senkaimon."Shuhei ordered.
The doors slid open unto a blinding light. After the order from Shuhei, the Academy students filed into the portal.

Seconds later, everyone reached their Destination of the World of the Living.
"Hmm... the amount of spirit particles here is much less than the Soul Society." Rukia stated.
"Yeah, you're right. It feels kind of weird." Yoshiro commented.
Their location was a large industrial park teeming with many old warehouses. Its buildings cast long foreboding shadows across the ground in the moonlight. They seemed to be in the middle of a large forest of buildings.
"Alright, listen up!" Shuhei began. "Anyone who roams away from these grounds is in trouble. A barrier is set up all around this compound to protect it from real Hollows. 7th Year students are performing the Kidou as we speak. Groups must stay together, but separate from the other groups. Your mission is to find and destroy all of the fake Hollows... AS A TEAM. So... GO!"
All of the squads went their own ways to search for Hollows. It was almost completely dark outside aside from the rays of moonlight that gleamed through the cracks in between buildings. Yoshiro's group headed deeper into the Industrial forest. As they rounded a corner, they finally spotted their first "Hollow".
Even though the Hollow was actually made by the technology and research bureau of the 12th Division, they were made realistically. The 12th Division's Captain, Mayuri Kurotsuchi created them to mimic how actual Hollows attack and react in battle. They were small, but packed some power.
"Rukia, Mabashi, unsheathe your zanpakutos!" Yoshiro ordered as he did so himself. Shiroikami's blue edged blade shimmered like ice in the moonlight. "Alright, Mabashi, I want you to get behind the Hollow and attack when I say go. Rukia, I want you to use a binding Kidou to keep it from running. Right after your binding, I'll use a destructive Kidou to attack it, then Mabashi... I want you to finish it off with a clean cut from your zanpakuto." Yoshiro ordered in a whisper.
"Right!" whispered Mabashi and Rukia back.
"Now! Rukia!" Yoshiro yelled.
Rukia had then jumped out from behind a warehouse and yelled out her incantation and then the spell.
"Bakudo no ichi, SAI!" The Hollow gave a mechanical yelp and fell to the ground immobilized for the moment. It started to struggle to break free. Yoshiro has suddenly burst out from behind another warehouse.
"Hado no yon, Byakurai!" A blast of white lightning shot out from his index finger straight through the Hollow. Split seconds later, Mabashi had appeared brandishing his zanpakuto. He jumped high into the air and came down upon the Hollow with a clean slice to the head.
The Hollow shattered into hundreds of pieces and smoked on the ground. The pieces blew away in a breeze, Yoshiro sighed and looked to his squad mates.
"Nice job Mabashi, Rukia." Yoshiro said. "I think we completed our part of the mission, so we should head back to Shuhei."
"Yeah, I think your right." Mabashi agreed.
As they turned around, a piercing roar sounded off in the back of them. Startled, they looked behind and saw nothing.
"What was th--." Mabashi was cut off.
Out of the darkness, a saber-like arm impaled Mabashi through the back. Mabashi hung limp on the arm until it shook him off. Mabashi fell onto the cement ground, unmoving. As he lay there motionless, a pool of blood formed beneath him.
"Ma--ba--shi..." Rukia stuttered in horror.
Another earth-shattering roar blasted through the air. A giant clawed foot shone through the darkness. Then the grotesque body and head of the creature appeared.
"It's a ... real Hollow!" Yoshiro stammered.
Rukia and Yoshiro backed away from the Hollow in terror. But Yoshiro's fear soon turned into blinding anger as he gazed upon his dead friend. His hatred for the monster that took Mabashi's life overflowed within him.
"HAAAAAAAAAAA!" Yoshiro screamed in rage.
His reiatsu had blasted from him, creating a crater underneath him. The air around him started to freeze over. He gripped the hilt of his zanpakuto so hard, he started to bleed. Pain had left him, and he felt numb from his boiling anger.
"Hyouketsu, Shiroikami!" Yoshiro said.
His reiatsu grew in pressure even more as his zanpakuto changed into Shiroikami.
"Let's go, my friend." Yoshiro said to his zanpakuto kissing its blade.
Yoshiro charged at the Hollow and jumped into the air. The force with which he came down with Shiroikami split open the ground and the Hollow in two. The Hollow gave out a long terrifying groan before it dissipated into the air.
Yoshiro walked over to Mabashi's body and fell to his knees. He meekly looked over to Rukia who stood looking down at Mabashi with a face of shock and despair.
"Mabashi... I should have... I should have been able... to save you!" Yoshiro broke down.
"This... this is all wrong. It wasn't... supposed to happen this way!" Rukia cried out.

"I need to snap out of it." Yoshiro thought to himself.
He had an idea then to take action. He took a deep breath and started to perform a Kidou incantation.
"Bakudo no nana-juu nana, Tenteikura(Way of Binding number 77, Heavenly Rickshaws in Silken Air)."
A small screen-like spirit formation formed on the ground where he lay his hands. An image of Shuhei Hisagi showed up. He seemed to be in trouble and he had his zanpakuto drawn. In the background Yoshiro saw Academy Students running and Renji's group next to Shuhei.
"Binding spell Successful." Yoshiro said. "Alright, Shuhei... sir. Can you hear me? This is Yoshiro Mototori." Yoshiro asked.
After a minute he answered.
"Y-Yes, Yoshiro. Are you using Tenteikura?" Shuhei asked.
"Yes... listen... I have a big problem here. Mabashi has been killed by an actual Hollow. How the hell did it get through the barrier?" Yoshiro asked.
"Mabashi's dead? Dammit! Well, he's not our only casualty. Somehow the barrier was broken and there are swarms of Hollow invading our area. I just called for back-up from the Soul Society. They're sending Aizen-Taicho of 5th Division, and his Lieutenant, Gin Ichimaru." Shuhei said. "Look... you and Rukia had better get to us quickly. Oh and what happened to the Hollow that attacked you?"
"I destroyed him of course, they are pretty easy when you know where to direct your attack." Yoshiro said.
Shuhei's eyes widened in disbelief and amazement.
"Well, I can see why Ukitake-Taicho chose you as his apprentice. You'd better go. I'll see you at the gate to the Soul Society." Shuhei said.

Yoshiro stopped the Tenteikura and picked up Mabashi's body.
"Come on Rukia, we have to get to the Soul Society." Yoshiro said as he hoisted Mabashi over his shoulder in the most respectful manner as he could muster.
"A-Alright." Rukia said after collecting herself.
They both ran back toward where they had come from. Screams, shouts, and roars came from up ahead. Clangs from zanpakutos rang out in battle. Finally, Yoshiro saw many Big Hollows(Type of Hollow) surrounding Shuhei, Renji, Momo, and Izuru. They were the only ones who stayed behind. Just as Yoshiro was about to lay down Mabashi and attack, a unknown voice rang out clear above the commotion.
"Ikorosu(Shoot em dead), Shinso." Said the voice.
The gleam of a zanpakuto's blade appeared in the moonlight. It extended like a speeding bullet far into the sky and pierced three Hollows in a row at once.
"That was... Gin Ichimaru's zanpakuto. Wow... they're early." Yoshiro said.
Another Shinigami with a flowing white haori, much like Jushiro's, appeared above another Hollows head. With one slash he destroyed the Hollow.
"And that was... Aizen-Taicho!" Rukia said in awe of the sheer power behind the reiatsu he was emitting.
When they approached the battle-zone, Yoshiro was shocked by what he saw. The other two 7th Year instructors were dead on the ground along with a couple of students.
"Wow, there were a lot of Hollows over here." Yoshiro said.
"Yeah, looks like my group got the brunt of it." Shuhei said, coming out of the darkness with Renji, Momo, and Izuru.
"You guys are fine. That's good." Yoshiro said happily.
"I would be way better if those Kidou jerks could have not done a half-assed job on the barrier... jeez!" Shuhei exclaimed angrily.
When Shuhei saw Mabashi, whom Yoshiro was still carrying, his face turned grim.
"Damn... well, we should get back to the Soul Society. Ichimaru Fuku-Taicho(means Lieutenant) and Aizen-Taicho can handle it from here. I'll go get the other bodies." Shuhei said.

One week after the incident at the World of the Living, Mabashi's and the other casualties' funerals took place. Rukia and Yoshiro felt weird... different since Mabashi died. They would still spend most of there time together or with Renji's group, but they would seldom talk. After the funeral their spirits rose again and they tried to get back to their original routine as best they could.

Two months away from Yoshiro's graduation, during the night, he thought of what Jushiro had told him about the relationship between a Shinigami and their zanpakuto.
"Hmmm... to grow in power and wisdom, a Shinigami must bond with their zanpakuto..." Yoshiro mumbled Jushiro's words.
Yoshiro sat up in bed and glanced over at his sheathed zanpakuto which leaned against his wall.
"A Shinigami must bond with their zanpakuto..." Yoshiro repeated to himself.
Seemingly making up his mind, Yoshiro slid out of bed and dressed into his Shihakushou. Softly, so as to not disturb all of 13th Division, he tip-toed over to his zanpakuto and crept into the hallway. When he got into the kitchen, he was surprised to see Kaien still up.
"Kaien Fuku-Taicho.... sir? Why are you still up?" Yoshiro asked.
"I should be asking you the same question." Kaien said. "Well, I couldn't sleep. So how about you?"
"I'm going out to um.... meditate." Yoshiro said.
"Hmmm..." Kaien seemed to know what he meant by meditate. "Alright, can I come with you?"
"Of course sir." Yoshiro said bowing low.
As they both crept out of the 13th Division HQ, they crossed the fields of green in back and found an area to stop amongst the high grass.
"You would like to bond with toy zanpakuto huh?" Kaien asked suddenly.
"Yeah... how did you know?!" Yoshiro asked bewildered.
"Well... Ukitake-Taicho told me to make a bond with your zanpakuto when I first got into 13th Division. Almost every week, I would pick a night to go out and meditate." Kaien said.
Soon enough, they found a spot on a grassy plain to meditate. Both sat down and laid their zanpakuto on their laps. The slight rush of the wind and rustling leaves on the trees helped to calm Yoshiro. He began to slip into a deep meditative state.

Yoshiro's thoughts or worries left his mind and left it blank. Only minutes later, a familiar feeling encroached into him. Cold. A new world formed in front of him. The trench with ice crystals and the moonlit sky. Everything was what Yoshiro anticipated. The Great White Wolf appeared, not in the ice crystal, but resting... curled up warmly in a corner.
"Shiroikami?" Yoshiro called out. The wolf's electric blue eyes slowly opened. "Hello Shiroikami... I have come to talk to you. To get to know you better." Yoshiro said awkwardly.
"I know why you have come here Yoshiro... come and sit by me." Shiroikami said.
Yoshiro did and Shiroikami put his head on Yoshiro lap.
"Don't you ever get tired of this place, Shiroikami? Don't you ever just want to leave this cold, dismal cavern?" Yoshiro asked as he stroked beneath Shiroikami's pointed furry ears.
"No... this is my home, and I don't mind the cold. Besides, I have left this place many times." Shiroikami said matter-of-factly.
"When?" Yoshiro asked.
"Well, every time you and I battle together." Shiroikami answered.
"Maybe so, but you aren't physically in my world." Yoshiro stated.
"No, I suppose not. But when you attain Bankai, I shall be." Shiroikami said.
"Really!? But will I ever attain Bankai. Only a chosen few are actually able to. When will I?" Yoshiro asked.
"When you are ready. Most Shinigami must train for 100 years before they achieve Bankai. And then they must have another 100 years to master it. You and I must still master Shikai before worrying about that." Shiroikami stated.
Yoshiro and he continued to talk and learn more about each other. Yoshiro finally felt that he understood what Jushiro had meant by:
"A Shinigami must bond with their zanpakuto."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shinigami (God of Death)   Shinigami (God of Death) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shinigami (God of Death)
Page 1 of 1