SoulGames Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come to SoulGames Society to experience Anime, and Video games all in one place. Participate in Forum Games, or submit stories to be read. And best of all obsess with Anime and Video Games.

HomeSoul HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Our Noble Friends
Latest topics
» Interesting and Random Crap
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:01 pm by the jack of clubs

» Terrifying Nightmares
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:41 pm by Cardolan

» The Optimist Reviews
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 10:39 pm by Patzo3000

» My Drawings.
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:55 pm by calex

» Your Beliefs
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm by Cardolan

» Zoids: New Century Zero
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:43 am by DJA747

» The New EAK
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:31 am by BleachKing04

» King of the Skies
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:46 am by DJA747

» Shinigami (God of Death)
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 am by BleachKing04

Top posters
DJA747
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Vote_lcapWorld War II :  The Atomic Bombs Voting_barWorld War II :  The Atomic Bombs Vote_rcap 
BleachKing04
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Vote_lcapWorld War II :  The Atomic Bombs Voting_barWorld War II :  The Atomic Bombs Vote_rcap 
Crash
uZi5
SovietSoldier
Thrasher9294
the jack of clubs
ThElderGod
Shadow Of The East
Canterbury
The New EAK
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:50 pm by DJA747
We are currently putting on the finishing touches to it.
A link will be given when its done.
Stay Posted.

EDIT:
Enjoy Guys.
Here

Comments: 3
A Forum Guide
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:00 am by DJA747
Forum Codes[Use Without Spaces]
To post an image do this [img ]inserturlhere[ /img]
A url is this [url=insertlinkhere]insertnameofithere[/url]
To do a video [flash]inseertlinkhere[/flash]

Now for the fancy ones
to make a spoiler [spoiler ] insertexthere [ /spoiler]
To do text that scrolls [scroll ]inserttext [ /scroll]
Text going up and down [updown ] text here [ /updown]
And this odd one [wow ] insertext here [ /wow]
then to do superscript [sup ] inserttexthere [ /sup]
and subscript [sub ] insertext here [ /sub]

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Chat Box Controls
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:16 am by ThElderGod
The following command(s) are for regular members ONLY. These are for members who do NOT have an @ before their name in the chatbox.
Please note, these commands are only for the chatbox, only a fool would use them elsewhere.

/me Will say that you're performing X action.
Example: /me will eat french fries. *Conquer will eat french fries.

The following command(s) are for chatbox …

[ Full reading ]
Rules of the SoulGame Society
World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:59 am by ThElderGod
These are the rules for the Soul Game Society

No Spamming- Please do not spam the forums. Spamming consists of Triple Posting without obvious cause, repeatedly.

No Flamming or Trolling- Please do not attack other members by racial or religious slurs or provoke an argument. Also do not post on a thread only stating the negative unless it is spam. Contact your local Administrator or …

[ Full reading ]

World War II : The Atomic Bombs

Go down 
+5
Hans Klein
SovietSoldier
Shadow Of The East
DJA747
Nimrodel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nimrodel
Shinigami
Shinigami
Nimrodel

World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Empty
PostSubject: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:19 am

Do any of you have thoughts on their use?
I disagree with using them, they killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and permanently made two cities radioactive. Not only that, but now the radioactivity is spreading.
Do you guys think they should have used them?
Back to top Go down
DJA747
Admin
Admin
DJA747

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 am

Nimrodel wrote:
Do any of you have thoughts on their use?
I disagree with using them, they killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and permanently made two cities radioactive. Not only that, but now the radioactivity is spreading.
Do you guys think they should have used them?
Hmmm...I agree it had to be done,but I dont think that 2 bombs were necessary.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Of The East
Shadow Of The East

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 am

I agree.One would have made a strong enough statement to say'This is what will happen if you don't surrender'.
Back to top Go down
SovietSoldier
Shinigami
Shinigami
SovietSoldier

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:29 am

Did the Soviet Union ever bomb Germany that way? America had no right to unleash Nuclear Bombs, and then ban Nuclear Bomb Use. Seriously, I hate Truman. The Mudak took German V1, V2, and V3 bombs from the Soviet Union, when it rightfully belonged to us.
Back to top Go down
Hans Klein
Shinigami
Shinigami
Hans Klein

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:22 am

SovietSoldier wrote:
Did the Soviet Union ever bomb Germany that way?

Hell, if the Soviet Union had an atom bomb, Stalin would have dropped that on Berlin faster than you could say "Crazy uncle Joe-." Then again, Germany wanted a bomb, infact they planned to jam it in a missile and blow up the US along with everbody that got in his way.

Quote :
I agree.One would have made a strong enough statement to say'This is what will happen if you don't surrender'.

You have to understand that America wanted revenge. "They attacked us, well will attack 'em twice as bad."
Back to top Go down
SovietSoldier
Shinigami
Shinigami
SovietSoldier

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:20 am

Hans Klein wrote:
SovietSoldier wrote:

Hell, if the Soviet Union had an atom bomb, Stalin would have dropped that on Berlin faster than you could say "Crazy uncle Joe-." Then again, Germany wanted a bomb, infact they planned to jam it in a missile and blow up the US along with everbody that got in his way.

Quote :

You have to understand that America wanted revenge. "They attacked us, well will attack 'em twice as bad."

The Germans were actually the first to begin building a Nuclear Bomb.
Back to top Go down
DJA747
Admin
Admin
DJA747

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:17 am

SovietSoldier wrote:
Hans Klein wrote:
SovietSoldier wrote:

Quote :

The Germans were actually the first to begin building a Nuclear Bomb.
The V2.....
Back to top Go down
Canterbury
Shinigami
Shinigami
Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:17 pm

I believe the V2 were just long ranged terror rockets. Nothing compared to the Atomic Bomb. We knew that Germany was developing the weapon. It was only a matter of time before they had it and used it against the Allies, followed by a dominantly STG44/MG42 equipped charging army.

Very scary scenario/
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:28 am

This is my answer from TWT on this question:

As terrible as war is and forever shall be, I do think that the A-Bombs were justified in their drops at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. War has always been a dirty game played by politicians and other characters, FDR was the one that ordered the drop of the bombs as Commander-in-Chief and President. But what you need to be conciderate of were the hundreds of thousands of American lives living in the islands near Japan who were invaded by the former Imperialistic Regime, and many were brutally killed, totured, imprisoned and raped. Not only American's but the other asian contries such as Korea and parts of China. The American soldiers, battered and war-torn from constant battle and Island-hopping were also at stake because of the Japanese custum of Bushido which says that they will die for their Emperor... and enjoy in the prospect.
Also, we are not the only ones to blame in the trgedy of that war in the Pacific. The ones who layed the first strike were the Japanese on December 7th, 1944 at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Hundreds of lives were lost due to an uncalled for and merciless attack by the zero fighters of the Imperial Japanese Navy. Then also the Invasion of America's own mainland on the Allutian Islands, Alaska. Hirohito and Tojo are as much of the ones to blame for their own undoing as FDR or all of America is. Another thing that we felt we needed retribution for the Batan Death March.
I agree totally on the prospect that the bombs should have been dropped somewhere else than the populated cities of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. But, if we bombed a military compund of Japan... would that have just hardened their resolve? I don't know the answer to that... but I do know that what they did had to scare the Japanese into ending the war totally without catch. I find that the bombing was justifiable... not right though. There are many sides to the story, and none of us will probably ever know the whole truth.
Back to top Go down
DJA747
Admin
Admin
DJA747

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:35 am

BleachKing04 wrote:

As terrible as war is and forever shall be, I do think that the A-Bombs were justified in their drops at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. War has always been a dirty game played by politicians and other characters, FDR was the one that ordered the drop of the bombs as Commander-in-Chief and President. But what you need to be conciderate of were the hundreds of thousands of American lives living in the islands near Japan who were invaded by the former Imperialistic Regime, and many were brutally killed, totured, imprisoned and raped. Not only American's but the other asian contries such as Korea and parts of China. The American soldiers, battered and war-torn from constant battle and Island-hopping were also at stake because of the Japanese custum of Bushido which says that they will die for their Emperor... and enjoy in the prospect.
Also, we are not the only ones to blame in the trgedy of that war in the Pacific. The ones who layed the first strike were the Japanese on December 7th, 1944 at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Hundreds of lives were lost due to an uncalled for and merciless attack by the zero fighters of the Imperial Japanese Navy. Then also the Invasion of America's own mainland on the Allutian Islands, Alaska. Hirohito and Tojo are as much of the ones to blame for their own undoing as FDR or all of America is. Another thing that we felt we needed retribution for the Batan Death March.
I agree totally on the prospect that the bombs should have been dropped somewhere else than the populated cities of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. But, if we bombed a military compund of Japan... would that have just hardened their resolve? I don't know the answer to that... but I do know that what they did had to scare the Japanese into ending the war totally without catch. I find that the bombing was justifiable... not right though. There are many sides to the story, and none of us will probably ever know the whole truth.

Wow,good point.
Back to top Go down
Canterbury
Shinigami
Shinigami
Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:49 pm

The main objective of the A bomb was not to kill and destroy recklessly. It was to end war as soon as possible. The reason why two bombs were dropped so quickly together was to create the effect that we had a continuous wave of nuclear strikes coming. I don't agree on why they dropped it at two major cities, but I think that the reasoning for it was to convince the Japanese. Had they dropped it at two military installations, the damage would not be as severe as the destruction of a city.

There might be a chance that the Japaneses would overlook the Atomic bomb, which would prolong war. The dropping of two bombs was an American bluff that we had a lot of them, which we didn't. Had the two bombs not create its "convincing effect," then the Americans would have to prompt the dreaded invasion.
Back to top Go down
DJA747
Admin
Admin
DJA747

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:07 pm

True dat.
Back to top Go down
Hans Klein
Shinigami
Shinigami
Hans Klein

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:46 pm

The German's had an atom bomb. But it was more of a dirty bomb. Radioactive material wrapped in blankets of silicon. It was meant to be exploded in the atmosphere, and eradiate a city.
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Hans Klein wrote:
The German's had an atom bomb. But it was more of a dirty bomb. Radioactive material wrapped in blankets of silicon. It was meant to be exploded in the atmosphere, and eradiate a city.

Yeah, its true. It was pretty much a race between the world superpowers to create the first functioning Atom Bomb.
Back to top Go down
SovietSoldier
Shinigami
Shinigami
SovietSoldier

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:48 pm

BleachKing04 wrote:

The Atomic Bomb affected Hiroshima and Nagasaki forever, it hasn't been restored properly.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Of The East
Shadow Of The East

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:50 pm

Exactly.

Overall, considering everything that happened and could have happened, I think the bombs were necessaryHowever, I do think that the choice of targets was completely and utterly immoral.This is due to the fact that the majority of the casualties were civilians, innocent people who had nothing to do with the war who would now be affected for years to come.
Back to top Go down
SovietSoldier
Shinigami
Shinigami
SovietSoldier

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:35 am

Shadow Of The East wrote:
Exactly.

Overall, considering everything that happened and could have happened, I think the bombs were necessaryHowever, I do think that the choice of targets was completely and utterly immoral.This is due to the fact that the majority of the casualties were civilians, innocent people who had nothing to do with the war who would now be affected for years to come.

I agree with you, I mean, why not dump those bombs on Major Japanese Military Bases? The Civilians did not Rape and Maraud through China, the Soldiers did that.
Back to top Go down
Canterbury
Shinigami
Shinigami
Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Exactly.

I oppose nuclear weapons, but for the sake of argument...

The only thing different is that nuclear weapons have a radioactivity fallout, which causes effects overtime. Other than that, I don't see its "moral factor" any different than conventional bombing. Take the bombing of London/Berlin/Tokyo for example. Civilians were still bombed, despite the weaponry being non-atomic. These cities were ruined, with immediate deaths similar to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. How can this be passed, yet the American atomic bombing be criticized in morality?

I think that the best military asset of the nuclear weapon is fear. We can replicate the immediate destruction of nuclear bombings with normal bombs easily, but it didn't have the fear factor in it. What the US needed was to convince the Japanese to surrender (something that the Japanese are not accustomed to).
Back to top Go down
BleachKing04
Admin
Admin
BleachKing04

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:28 am

SovietSoldier wrote:
Exactly.

I agree with you, I mean, why not dump those bombs on Major Japanese Military Bases? The Civilians did not Rape and Maraud through China, the Soldiers did that.

Heres the reason why the Government chose not to drop them on a military base:

Attacking the people, as immoral as it is, places the Japanese Government in a precarious position. They will have to choose to stay in war and have another bomb possibly attack another populated city, or they could surrender, and the bombs will stop falling. It is a shock strategy that usually works.

If we were to bomb a major military base, the Japanese would build resolve to continue attacking us because of the Bushido code: "They were soldiers... they earned a beautiful death." But if we attacked the civilians, they are not soldiers so the resolve wouldn't be there.

We had to pick a city then, according to the last two reasons, but we refused to bomb a particular city: Kyoto. Kyoto historicaly, and still is today, the center for ALL Japanese. If we attacked there... which is the focul point of their culture, we wouldn't ever be able to become allies or friends after the war, because the Japanese would NEVER forgive us. That would cause more problem to happen in the future with us and Japan. Therefore, we HAD to attack a large city but not Kyoto. The other largest cities were Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, and the prt city of Nagasaki. There's the reson why we couldn't attack a military base.
Back to top Go down
Bangaro
Grunt
Grunt
Bangaro

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:51 pm

SovietSoldier wrote:
Exactly.

FACT: The original targets for the bombs were two army bases, but sever weather, and low fuel meant they had to go to their secondary target.
Back to top Go down
Knockhimout
Grunt
Grunt
Knockhimout

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:38 am

Overall, I think the bombs were necessary. Millions had been killed already, and millions more might well have died if they hadn't bombed. Agreed, there was a huge casualty rate, but that's the way all wars are. If you try to avoid killing innocents, then you're going to lost many more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World War II : The Atomic Bombs   World War II :  The Atomic Bombs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World War II : The Atomic Bombs
Page 1 of 1